All Star

Peli Peli

Going there tonight for my wife's b-day (website here).  South African cusine.  Anyone ate there yet?  I'll give y'all a review tonight or tomorrow.
Strive mightily but eat and drink as friends
---Shakespeare
Please use plain text.
Sophomore

Re: Peli Peli

Mmmmmm. Chicken Fried South African food. yum yum. Let us know how it goes.
Please use plain text.
Freshman

RE: Peli Peli

I love peli peli
Please use plain text.
All Star

Ok.  Highly recommended.  We had calamari as an appetizer...not breaded, but sauteed and very spicy, with a spicy orangish sauce.  It was delicious.  We ordered the "Capetown Skillet" for an entree...it was plenty of food for two (better be...it cost $75.).  It was kind of like paella on steroids.  Rice dish with a ton of seafood mixed in.  It had mussels, shrimp, scallops, and calamari, and four foot long prawns.  Each prawn had as much meat as a medium-sized lobster tail.  Really good, again, a bit spicy-and again served with the same sauce that came with the appetizer.  Heat level was maybe a little higher than a "medium" spicy salsa.

The service was excellent, and it helped that I had a group-on, and saved $20 on the meal.  A bit pricey, but they had cheaper fare on the menu than we ordered.  Nice atmosphere, if a little dark inside.
Strive mightily but eat and drink as friends
---Shakespeare
Please use plain text.
Sophomore

i don't eat a full meal myself, anymore so unless i get a groupon or can share one meal i will have to pass.  but the food on the website looks delicious..

too bad it's so far north..
Please use plain text.
Freshman

RE: Peli Peli

Peli Peli itself in Africa is hotter than hell but good.
Please use plain text.